FIRST: Watch or review the film China Blue – start watching at 1:00
THEN: Answer the following questions about the film:
1. What is the full name of the young woman featured in this film?
2. What is the name of the Factory she works at, and what do they produce there?
3. What is the former job of the man who owns the Factory?
4. How many breaks do workers get per shift?
5. How long does one working shift last?
6. How much overtime pay do the workers at the factory receive?
7. How often are these factory workers paid?
8. Who buys the products manufactured at this factory? List a minimum of 3 sources from the film.
9. Write one paragraph that describes your reaction to this video.
Possible Focus questions: Is this documentary realistic? Can you relate in any way to any of the people who appear in this documentary? Why or why not?
10. Research and name at least two other countries where this type of work situation exists, and briefly describe your findings. Remember to CITE YOUR RESEARCH SOURCES.