APA 7th Edition
APA Formatted Cover Page
Include Your Completed SWOT Analysis or SMART Goals Template with your brief report on the tool.
APA Formatted Reference Page: Include at least 1 APA reference with correlating in-text citation for the report portion of this task.
First, Select Your Scenario from the List Below to Complete Your Adventure for Option 1 or Option 2.
(Note: Consider reviewing the Course’s Toolkit, Week 2 Supporting Tools, “Your Management Toolkit: A Must Have for Healthcare Leaders,” if you need additional information on the approaches of a SWOT Analysis and SMART Goals. The templates are located under Week 2 Supporting Tools.)
Option 1 Assignment Overview: SWOT Analysis
Complete a SWOT Analysis template using one of the templates provided in the Course’s Tool kit located under the Week 2 Supporting Tools. Provide a brief report on the importance of a SWOT Analysis as part of the planning process. The first requirement of this task is complete SWOT Analysis. Fill in each quadrant of the SWOT Analysis by identifying two to three items for each quadrant: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Write a 1-2 paragraph essay on the importance of a SWOT analysis as part of the planning process. (Please note that you may use your own template, but all quadrants must be completed with at least two to three items being presented in each category for your selected scenario.)
Option 2 Assignment Overview: SMART Goals
Complete a SMART Goals template using one of the templates provided in the Course’s Tool kit located under the Week 2 Supporting Tools. Provide a Brief Essay on the Importance of SMART Goals as Part of the Planning Process. The first requirement of this task is to create two SMART Goals for your selected scenario, ensuring that each element of SMART is presented: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. Write a 1-2 paragraph essay on the importance of SMART Goals as part of the planning process. (Please note that you may use your own template, but each aspect of the S-M-A-R-T criteria must be provided.)
Select one of the following scenarios listed below for the SWOT Analysis or SMART Goals.
Scenarios: (Select on the Options Below to Apply to Your SWOT Analysis or SMART Goals)
Option 1: Acute Care Hospital with a minimum of 500 beds, role: director-level position
Option 2: Critical Access Hospital (CAH) in a rural setting, role: director-level position
Option 3: Physician Group/Clinic that is part of a larger healthcare system, role: practice manager
Option 4: Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), role: director-level position
Option 5: Ambulatory Surgery Center, role: administrator
Option 6: Home Health Agency (HHA), role: administrator
Option 7: Continuum Care Retirement Community (CCRC), role: director-level position
Option 8: Mental Health Facility and/or Addiction Treatment Center, role: director-level position
Functions of Planning – Resources and Tools: (Week 2 Supporting Tools)
· Functions of Planning – Links to Articles and Publications from the UMGC Library:
· Functions of Planning -Websites, General Articles, Tools, and Other Sources:
· SWOT Analysis Template from Smartsheet: SWOT Analysis Template Example from SMARTSHEET
· SMART Goals Template from Smartsheet: SMART Goals
· Communicates for Public Health – SMART Objectives Template: SMART Objectives Template
· External Link: Example SWOT Analysis from Tenet Healthcare Corp.
· External Link: SMART Goals: A How-to Guide from the University of California
· PDF on Strategic Planning from Practice Management: Strategic Planning Article from Practice Management
· External Link: Minnesota Department of Health: SWOT Analysis: https://www.health.state.mn.us/communities/practice/resources/phqitoolbox/swot.html#how
· External Video on SMART Goals from Khan Academy: https://youtu.be/U4IU-y9-J8Q
· External Link on SMART Goals: https://www.thebalancesmb.com/smart-goal-examples-2951827